Bastione Spasimo Boutique Hotel is located in the heart of the historic centre of Palermo, more precisely in Piazza Magione.
The Kalsa District is one of the oldest districts in Palermo. During the Arab domination, it was considered the city centre, taking its name from the Arabic word Khalsa meaning pure.
The district is located in the heart of the city's historical centre near some of its main attractions, including the Church of Santa Maria dello Spasimo, the Botanical Garden, Palazzo Steri, the Oratorio dei Bianchi, Palazzo Mirto, Piazza Marina, the Church of the Magione, and the Italian Forum. It is also close to the city's most elegant and enticing restaurants
The Kalsa district is known throughout the world as the birthplace of the famous Palermo judges, Falcone and Borsellino.
A late Gothic style church:construction began in 1506 in the ancient Kalsa district by the Olivetan fathers, who chose the name "Spasimo" as a sign of devotion to the Madonna suffering before Christ on the Cross.
The building has a three-nave layout separated by four slender pointed arches and large side chapels, re-proposing the spatial conception of Gothic-Renaissance architecture with high volumes. There are also elements of the "Chiaramontano" style, which affirms the Arab-Norman tradition, with the red dome covering the northern forepart of the complex; the Carnelivarian style, with the large lowered arch; the floral Gothic style with the single-lancet windows that give light to the side chapels.
It was founded in 1781 as an addition to the Royal Academy's Botany Chair and is regarded as a European achievement of extraordinary relevance for its historical significance as well as its contribution to science and education.
The Botanical Garden is home to roughly 10,000 species, some of which are rare, belonging to about 250 families. The Herbaria, the Gymnasium, and other structures for the study and preservation of plants and seeds were constructed on the roadside front.
Built around 1320 dby Manfredi I of the Chiaramonte family one of the most renowned families, having significant political and military influence over much of western Sicily, it now houses the Rectorate of the University of Palermo. The palace has a square plan centred around a porticoed courtyard and has two orders, the first being imposing with ogival arches supported by squat columns and the second being more airy with the arches resting on slender columns. It is distributed over three floors.
The Italian Forum of Palermo or Marina Promenade is a large green area on the Palermo seafron and extends from the Cala to Villa Giulia in the city's Kalsa district.
The seafront promenade, which was the scene of Palermo'shistorical urban revolutions, was built in 1582 by Viceroy Marco Antonio Colonna. Its structure remained in place until 1734 when an expansion of the area was ordered. The area was later decorated and landscaped, and it became one of the city's most popular recreational areas.
Input your search keywords and press Enter.